Neutras®-FRP is a specific type of basalt fibre reinforced polymer composite. The product surface configurations are designed and manufactured by a proprietary pultrusion process aiming to provide the maximum interface binding strength between the concrete and the FRP composite, as well as the maximum corrosion resistance, meanwhile, the compressive strength is also made to be the maximum superior to other conventional FRP products by appropriately choosing the correct size of fibre, optimal volume ratio of fibres to the matrix resin and correct type of resin, thanks to the optimal processing parameters.
The product features:
- High specific tensile strength (ratio of tensile strength per weight), approx. 8 times higher than stainless steel material.
- Excellent corrosion resistance: durable, never rust, not only a replacement of steel rebar but also ideally for near surface strengthening structure.
- Very low thermal conductivity: 0.25 to 1.1W/mK, 15-20 times lower than stainless steel.
- Electrically non-conductive and non-magnetic: no interference with radio signal, ideally for MRI and airport signal control buildings.
- Possible highest compressive strength compared to other conventional FRP materials. So, it can be used for reinforcing and bridging components in construction sector.
- Possible highest binding strength with concrete due to the specially designed surface configurations.
Excelement Technology welcomes any collaboration opportunities with local customers to develop any other potential applications of this Neutras-FRP material.